Friday, May 25, 2012

keep the spirit


Soon as I, pick up my pen, I begin my flow,
Damn I feel more like great Nile river flow,
I am making this place all wet outa my flow
I close my eyes then write rhymes let it flow
I was once in a mission to keep CDs flow
Well, I am still here trying to fill net
I do my crime with baking soda, with no stench
Pull out ideas in the form of rhyme
I said before this was rhyme and reason, no question
I am in a 254 state of mind, you dig!
Just because I rock, don’t mean I’m made of stone
Sometime I wish the day had 40 hours on it
I’d still be young and hustling, not worrying
We say age is a number, but for real its checking in
I can run around as I used to, things have changed
one thing I know I got wiser and better like kept wine.
Yeah I am father and for sure I love that,
My son’s grown almost telling how ghetto he is
I will remind him how I was ghetto and raised him not to be
I don’t ever want to MIA to him, be there and have fun
For sure he was transmitted and in him I find true revelation
Thank God for that…….

No comments: