Friday, October 12, 2012

the journey....


How we were raised we are pushed to believe in things we don’t know.
We wonder as kids relying on our parents to know
Before we get a grip of being around them, we taken to school so we know
I realized there is little in school that helps us know
Besides help us to read and write the rest is up to us to know
I was born in the city way before it grew bigger like it is
Before I knew it I was in Kcity, where I now call my home
I have see struggles back then in nyawitta, but it was still home
Feeding on a meal per day, watch mum comforting us to feel at home
They say there is a light at the end of the tunnel
You ask yourself why is it so long in this tunnel
Life was so narrow like the end of a funnel
I have lived each day hoping for things as much as the top of the funnel
Shit! I have see life struggles and I just want heaven for me
And I am not stopping at that, coz I don’t want my son to feel the same
I wake up from the slumber, coz sleep is the cousin of death
I am made to believe so, I’ll rest with my one eye up
I know this is destined for greatness and more greatness
I feel like the candle in the wind and I got to keep awake
Let the light up burning and keep my spirit awake
I know I am sinner from birth, but I kneel my knees to the Lord
And I know he hears me, he is the foundation of greatness
I will hold on him, even if it is by the hem of his cloth.
God watch my soul……

No comments: