Wednesday, March 11, 2009

a heart like the Lord's

I have run the race but I still fall short,
Even in a clear win situation I fall short,
I know at times I’m not all that I can be,
My weakness seems to get the best of me.
I work so hard but it keeps holding on me.
I guess I will need to have some strength,
Just give me the strength, I need your mercy oh Lord,
For I want to walk that path of mercy oh Lord.
Please hear me out and give me a heart like yours.
I would work with another chance to be all yours,
It is my desire to have a heart like yours,
And it’s what I have been looking for all my life.
I know I have sinned and full of shame.
But I know in you I will have no fear or shame,
I will walk strong and head high in fame.
For I know you are here and I will make it,
Every step I will take along the way I will make it,
Every activity I undertake I will make it.
For you are Lord God of possibilities,
Full of compassion with you I will have every function.
I will reach every destiny with compassion,
As your mercy is full and strong like the winds,
Strong as the shadows I will survive and live to tell.
I will walk on this lands and be seen better than William Tell.
And for sure I will make the devil shake in hell.
God’s grace is upon me and will forever be with me at all times.
It’s that heart of his, is what am searching for.

No comments: