Thursday, August 30, 2012

never change....


I woke up out of a dream back in 2001
just about when guys were crazy about 2001
couple years later my mix tape album was done
made merry, did songs with Mitch I and Doc in one
Thanks to Alkay for the introductions in - this one
first track we did it and for sure it was done
Held the mic so firm in my hands not to be gone
I feel like Paul Pattni after the gold trial was done
Chukua Records on the beat and Praise G.O.D was done
I watched the death of a dynasty, 4G mafia now is done
Working with Tommy of chukua was a dream
I had visions of making a classic, then my world turned black
Like I was in a dark room with shades on my eyes
After Praise G.O.D I changed focus, and content of music
I got to learn how to sample a beat and make a hit
The value lessons I picked from Kizzy were just a hit
On the mic with DOC and MI did maisha and it was a hit
Darkness fell now I had to go solo and still make hit
it kinda felt right inside me, like Kanye West
Coming back from his fatal accident to beat-making and rapping
I was seen like the future coz I had grown much about rapping
This future never was, I sit in an office, pretend to be busy
I bump my head to the beat and wishing I was on stage
my stage days could be done but I’ll sit and compose a beat
Record a hit, draw punchlines coz I am anointed
I learnt from the best, OGB being one of my references
I said it before I still do rhymes on any level and will never change
Music is me and it lives and stays in me and that will never change!!

No comments: